Search this Blog

Steve Jobs Loses Fight with Cancer

Apple's co-founder Steve Jobs succumbs to pancreatic cancer

October 6, 2011 - 11:43AM

Steve Jobs, 56-year old co-founder of Apple, modern era visionary, technology legend, has died. His family and Apple have announced his passing away.  Jobs, who stepped down recently as chief executive, had been suffering from pancreatic cancer.  Rest in peace, Steve Jobs.  He will surely be missed in the technology world he had given so much of.


Steve Jobs is significant in my personal technology milestone. In the early 1980's, my very first personal computer was the Apple IIe.  This meant a lot then, and Jobs became my first technology idol.  Perhaps, like the excitement of young people owning their first iPod or iPad today, this meant a lot to me then,  as I started my earliest years as a newbie in information technology, with much excitement in the company of my Apple IIe. 

Today, I'm a happy owner of a 160GB iPod classic.  I know, I heard about its possible demise against the more popular 64GB, but the 160GB holds 40,000 music and it serves my purpose for holding thousands of my Mozart and classical music collection and other songs for easy listening pleasure. Well, I have iPod nano too.

No, we usually don't forget significant milestones especially in our young lives. Few weeks ago, I posted: 10 Products that Defines Technology Legend Steve Jobs

Articles Courtesy Credit:

Steve Jobs the Man, www.smh.com.au.  Accessed 7 October 2011

Steve Jobs Article clips, www.theage.com.au.  accessed 6 Oct 2011.

  1. Steve Jobs dead: Apple confirms former CEO loses fight

  2. Steve Jobs - visionary to virtuoso

  3. Steve Jobs died peacefully: family

  4. iPhone fans forgive ... with high 5 expectations

"A Sister's Eulogy for Steve Jobs" - Eulogy from Steve Jobs' sister, novelist Mona Simpson.
www.nytimes.com/2011/10/30/opinion/mona-simpsons-eulogy-for-steve


(c) October 2011. Tel. Inspired Pen Web. all rights reserved. 

3 comments:

  1. I salute Steve Jobs for his kind personality because for him money is meaningless...The important is you do your part as a human being....in this world

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] song “Impossible Dream” is inspire from) and the passing away of technology visionary Steve Jobs [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] Link added after Steve Jobs passed on:  Steve Jobs Loses Fight with Cancer [...]

    ReplyDelete