Search this Blog

Happy 255th Birthday, Mozart!

Classical Mozart Milestone: January 27


Remembering Wolfgang Mozart's birthday, 27th January.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart! This child prodigy whose genius is unsurpassed in combining a dazzling musical imagination with a total mastery of such beauty and harmony of expression. I've written numerous articles about him, but for my tribute I always return to the very first piece I wrote some years ago in 2006 - "That's Mozart to Me!"  The year 2006 was a significant milestone to Mozartians and admirers, as the musical world celebrated his 25oth birthday anniversary. I believe he was, still is, the most comprehensively gifted musician who ever lived, the first superstar, the first freelancer too.

Recently, a friend's question took me by surprise. "What's your favorite Mozart music?" She knows how I feel about Mozart, the only composer I consider "immortal." In fact, I've loved the master's music from childhood even before I knew anything more about his life. I looked at my friend, speechless. She repeated her question, while my thoughts maneuvered some answers.

Thank you for the music, Herr Mozart.



No comments:

Post a Comment